Sunday, March 29, 2015

Shake your booty like an agouti!

 On our way to the first snorkel of the day!
 Posing on the shaky dock, walking to dolphin training (check out Sam's face)

Carl telling Alita to do a tail walk!
 Sam shaking hands with Muray
Miss Palmer striking a pose, while Alita takes to the sky (due to her fancy pose)


                An exhausting day of travel had us all begging to go to bed at 7:30 last night, leaving us all passed out by 8.  After we were put to sleep by the sounds of a tropical rainstorm (at least it wasn’t snow) we woke up bright and early to head to a rain soaked breakfast #honduranstyle. We of course consumed our weight in food and then lugged our bodies to the classroom where we got taught all the ropes of Fish ID. We had the chance to test our new skills in our first ‘real’ snorkel of the trip at Man-of-war key. Flamingo tongues, squirrel fish, urchins, blennys and sea fans littered the sea floor, distracting us from the looming dark clouds above our heads. We quickly got out of the water and maneuvered our way back to land, in spite of some people wanting to chase the storm #honduranrisktakers. Lunch was the next priority on our schedule, and you better believe we dove right in. There were mui magnific lobstah tacas that ignited all of our taste buds, and for those of the less daring sort, there were of course cheeseburgers in paradise. We didn’t wait too long for the food to settle before going back out to sea, in midst of a sprinkle of rain. Wrasse hole was full of…. wrasses…. parrotfish, squids, a giant turtle, and too many other things to list. Sadly it was also full of over three foot swells and rolling waves that had all of our stomachs churning. After an exciting boat ride back where we encountered a tuna boil showing off its jumping ways, by leaping out of the surface unexpectedly, we arrived to shore safely. The comforts of land didn’t last too long because we were off on a water taxi to Bailey’s Key to cap off our busy day with dolphin training. This once in a lifetime experience allowed us to learn the ways of dolphin speak #hondurandolphinwhisperers. We were taught energetic hand signals instructing the dolphins to wave, do a backflip, swim fast, swim fast, and swim ‘fancy.’ It was incredible making a connection with these majestic creatures and we wouldn’t trade it for the world. After dolphins we had a hot minute to shower and then right to dolphin lecture before dinner, yet again a classroom activity full of entertainment and interesting quips #honduranstudents. Dinner had us all licking our lips with plates full of luxurious lamb shanks, superb sweet and sour shrimp, and of course the delectable, delicious, decadent, dinner rolls!!! Also, #hondurancoconutcreampie. We now find ourselves exhausted yet again, hoping to hit the sack before 9, in hopes of cramming even more in our schedule if it is even possible, tomorrow.
Love your favorite #honduranhermanas ,
Sam and Carly 
PS. Thanks everyone for the love you have all ‘blogged’ our way, it added a little Buffalove to our day. Also, thank you Verny for that absolutely touching message, I love and miss you so much and I can’t wait to come home and tell you all about my trip like you did for me. Have a superdeeduper week and don’t forget to remind mom that I expect a puppy when I get home ;) Love you much sister!
PPS: I would first like to of course thank you mom and dad (and Mrs. Brosnick, Miss. Palmer, Mr. and Mrs. Dole, and Jenn Keck) for allowing us to embark on this wonderful adventure. Mom, my suitcase was 50 pounds, looks like I’m leaving some clothes for some roatanians ;). Nick, I have successfully not broke your go pro….yet…and to the whole familia I miss you all and love you mucho mucho!! Also, I would like to thank all of the commenters that have brought us such joy and I hope you all continue to comment as it makes us feel all a little bit of love. I can’t wait to hear more from everybody (even you marq) and will see you all soon! 
PPPS: The title comes from Aurora Klawinski. It was Mr. Dole's birthday and we had to come up with a catchy slogan, to thank him for all he does! Happy Birthday!!!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Carly and Sam for your exciting play by play of today's events. Sounds like you are already experiencing great adventures and I'm sure more detailed stories will be revealed once you get home. The pictures and video of your time with the dolphins were awesome ( although I am interested in finding out the story behind Sam's expression...looked like a Snapchat pose to me!) Sorry to hear that the weather was giving you some trouble today...but we are happy to report that it did NOT snow here today (although we are expecting 1-3 inches tomorrow.) :( Can't wait to hear about more new adventures tomorrow. Be safe. Love and miss you bunches Sammi. Love, Dad, Mom, Nick, and Nikki. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you all look like you are having a blast! I have to admit I am jealous! I have to admit I would rather be there with you guys than getting chemo treatments (my normal ). Christopher I did shut off your data. I hope you are feeling better! Mr. Dole happy healthy birthday! Maybe next year David and I can chaparone!!lol Chris now you and Cassandra can compare dolphin stories. Dj is lost without you as we all are but he misses his buddy! Jake I have been sending pictures of you to Richelle who misses you! Sounds like you will need a vacation from the vacation. Hugs Christopher ! Love mom, dad,dj,cass charlie, nick and pea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was another exciting day! Sounds like you had a few weather issues but nothing that you guys couldn't handle. The dolphins sound amazing and I wish I could experience this with you. I'm sure these days are packed with so many adventures that by the time bed comes around you just pass right out. I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the next day brings and excited to just get a glimpse of you David! We love you and miss you and look forward to all the stories you bring home with you! See you soon. love, mom, Ryan & dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you Aurora! So jealous! Looks like so much fun. Enjoy and take every moment to take in as much as you can. These trips and experiences you will remember for a lifetime! :) Love you and miss you much! Will check back in later. Aunt Liana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna and all of her travel companions- Oh my goodness you packed a lot into that one day! Sam and Carly you did a great job on the blog. Sorry the weather wasn't ideal but hard to feel too bad when you are sitting in paradise. Hope you are all taking advantage of this great opportunity. The Dolphins were amazing! Jenna your hermit crabs are still alive. We miss you. Be careful and safe. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hullo everybody! It seems as though you guys are having your fill of fun and food! So happy to hear that you guys didn't blow away in the storm! And Carl, I can't wait to hear your stories! Alright back to the real world for me, don't forget your sunscreen <3 Vern

    ps. mom says you must be hallucinating in all that sun! but she luvs you and have fun!
    pps. dad says "hope its all fun and games!! love you!"
    ppps. I don't know what wade says, probably happy birthday coral! and don't fall in the sewer drains, the TMNT will kidnap you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey jade,just checking to see what you guys are up to. I didn't see my note from last nite, i hope you get this one. i really love seeing the pics of all of you. looks like everyone is happy to be there. i'm so glad you're all having such a great time. i'll look later for the days events. love and miss you. mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, attempt number 3. I will be seriously embarrassed if my previous comments all appear at the end of the day (I know you are laughing, Rebekah) Your day yesterday sounded full and exciting. I am so envious of your time with the dolphins. Continue to experience new and wonderful things both in the sea and in the dining room (Bek, I sincerely hope you did not choose a cheeseburger over the other delectable options). Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not you Alice- I've been having the same problem getting it to post- where's Jenna when I need her?

      Delete
  9. Here you go Jenna didn't want you to miss out- Final Jeopardy catagory "Woman Authors". Question- In addition to her novels, she also wrote a children's book about Sun Yat-Sen and an original cookbook

    Answer tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenna, It snowed here today - we will try not to be too envious of you on your island!!! Looks line a fantastic place - have fun!!! Aunt Gail, Uncle Biff My beautiful and amazing daughter whom i love very much and Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are approved before appearing on BLOG